If you’re a new member, or have even been a member for 5 years there are always ways to improve your profile. and increase your chances of being cast.
1. For starters, you need a picture! Odds are a casting director isn’t going to book you on a job based on your name and your skill set. They want to see you. They want to see you playing sports, they want to see your headshots, they want to see you reading lines. But bottom line is, they want to see you. So post a picture, and be seen. A selfie is better than nothing.
2. Next, if possible set your default photo of you playing the sport that you’re applying for. When casting directors are searching for say soccer players, that’s the only thing on their mind, soccer. So if your profile is of you playing basketball, the casting director may skip right over, because you don’t fit into the ‘soccer’ image.
3. Finally update your contact information. Nothing is more aggravating for a casting director than finding talent, and trying to contact them, and running into a dead email, or disconnected phone. If the casting director can’t contact you, they can’t book you, and you’ll miss your next opportunity.
* Pro tip – While you’re updating your contact information, take a moment to verify your stats, such as height and weight. If you’re listed as 5’8″ 150 lbs, and you show up at 6’1″ 210, you’re going to cause problems, and delays.
$3000 Commercial Casting Call for Real Baseball Players in Dallas, Texas.
Buffalo Casting is looking for real baseball players to work on an upcoming National Commercial filming in Dallas, Texas.
Casting directors are looking for female baseball and softball pitchers and male baseball batters, catchers and other players.
Talent that are selected will be compensated between $1200 to $3000
These roles are for active or former playing athletes, not for actors playing roles.
We are looking for minor leaguers or recently retired professionals. If you plan to or play sports collegiately please check with your coach before submitting to avoid issues with scholarships and UIL restrictions.
- FEMALE BASEBALL SOFTBALL PITCHER – any ethnicity – 18-30 years old
An athlete, capable of pitching like a pro baseball player. Think the skill level + of a grown-up Mone Davis
- MALE BASEBALL BATTER – any ethnicity – 18-35 years old
Large, intimidating male baseball player. Barry Bonds, Mike Trout type. Big hitters, muscular, tall and broad.
- MALE BASEBALL CATCHER – any ethnicity – 18-35 years old
Athlete, male, knows the game, the equipment and how to throw pitch signals.
- MALE INFIELD PLAYERS – any ethnicity – 18-35 years old
Athletic, male, knows the game, the equipment and how to play.
- UMPIRES – any ethnicity – 40-60 years old. Seen it all.
You must be available for all dates.
Rate – SAG Scale. a possible print option for $1,200 – $3,000. We can see Union and Non Union talent for this project.
Fitting Date – March 28, 2015, paid for fittings.
Shoots Date – Monday March 30, 2015 – Night shoot, simulated baseball game.
Usage – The intended initial scope of use at this time is cable, local, industrial U.S. and its territories and internet worldwide for one year.
Location – DFW Area – all talent will work as local hire.
Please submit your profile if you’re available.